Fabiana Knolseisen, 22/09/2017
A real jewel at Mendoza’s touristic area: great prices, large array of options (even from Patagonia) to choose from and the most helpful and knowledgeable team to help us take home the perfect selection of Argentinean wines. Folks at Sol y Vino love wine, speak English, will take your wines to your hotel and Ezequiel, the owner, also promised a special gift for Simples Vinhos listeners. Also, check out the podcast where I give more tips on Mendoza (in construction).
Note: I have just started translating my posts on Mendoza to English. It may take a while but you can email me at email@example.com if you are in a hurry. Enjoy it!
Simples Vinho by Glass
- It can be really torturing having to choose what wines bring home when facing such a large variety of options. Rely heavily on/ explore profesionals’ expertise
- Remember it will be hard for them to guess what wines will make you happy. You must help them by trying to tell objectively what you like and what you are looking for: is it a super ripen malbec full of oak notes or a younger with lot of nerve lighter one?
- Shop opens every day from 10am to 9pm – sometimes later. They deliver free of charge on hotels in the city area and special wrap it for air traveling.
- They always have some wines for tasting – check out on FB what is featuring when you are there.
- Guys may also help you choose what wineries to visit according to your interests (and have a great free map with location of main wineries).
- Remember to ask your gift to Ezequiel!